Your homework (yes, really) is:
- Second semester Algebra keeps building on what we’ve done first
semester, so it’s important that you go back and review any problems you
missed on the final exam to try to master the concepts. Check the
portal for a list of the problems you missed on the final exam. Download
the Final Exam Correction Mapping
(pdf), find those problems in the first column, then work the
associated problem(s) from your textbook listed in the second column.
These are not due until Friday, January 6, 2012 (this will be your first
graded assignment of the second semester), but I recommend that you
complete them sometime over break. This will not take you very long, but
it's critical that you take charge of your own learning and continue
working on the areas you are still struggling with.
- If you need to, organize your notebook. Again, you can't simply
forget and move on from first semester, we keep building, so it's
important to be able to refer back to your notes and assessments from
first semester. If your notebook is getting full, then make sure you
have a new 3-ring binder ready to start second semester (but keep first
semester's handy for reference). If your notebook is, well, not much of a
notebook, then start fresh second semester and do a better job.
- This is optional, but I would really appreciate it if you would fill out this evaluation of me.
It won't take long, and it will give me some valuable feedback. Please try to complete it by the end of this week.
- You can still bring donations for Kiva to me the rest of the week - just drop by my office.
- Finally, make sure you relax, enjoy your time with family and friends, and be thankful for all that you have.