Then the lesson (pdf) was all about using the point-slope form of a linear equation.
Your homework is:
- Check the portal
for the results of your assessment, fill out your student checklist
with your results, and make a plan for retake (if necessary),
including making an appointment.
- Prepare for the Writing Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form Assessment on Friday. There are a variety of ways to do that including,
but not limited to: review the online pre-assessment; review your
notebook and/or the openers and lessons posted on the blog; review the
video, work some practice problems in your textbook or that you find
online. You can, of course, also get help from me, another math teacher,
a teacher in the Study Center, a peer tutor in the Study Center, or a
parent, sibling or friend. Do whatever works best for you, but make sure
you're prepared. The expectation is that you should all be able to do
very well on this assessment.
- On your personal Algebra Reflective Blog, create a new post titled "Parent/Teacher Conference (Fall) Reflection". This post is due before you go to bed Sunday night, but please don't wait until the last minute. Here's your prompt:
Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up next week. Since these conferences are about you, I think you should be there. It makes very little sense to me that we should have a conference about you and you’re not there, so I’m encouraging your parents to come and to bring you with them. Please bring your Algebra notebook as well, so that we can look at your work if we need to.
Whether you end up attending or not, I want you to spend some time thinking about what you want your parents to know about this class and how you are doing. Here are some questions for you to respond to:
- Has class met your expectations? Why or why not?
- What’s going well for you?
- What’s challenging for you?
- What could I do as your teacher that would help you be more successful?
- What could you do as a student that would help you be more successful?
- Is there anything your parents can do to help you be more successful?
- Is there anything else you think your parents should know about this class or about how you are doing in this class?
Please be thoughtful and specific in your responses, and please don't wait until the last minute, as I want you to put some real thought into this. The more you put into it, the more valuable it will be for you, me and your parents. Thanks.